Here are some of the benefits of being a member of the Association:
- Members attend monthly luncheons/guest speaker events, attend chapter arranged field trips to local facilities that employ unique fire protection systems/programs , participate in the NCN SFPE arranged annual fire protection educational seminar, network with other professionals in fire protection engineering, and most of all stay up to date with your peers on technologies and practices in Fire Protection Engineering. As a supporting member you are also assisting in the development of the scholarships awarded to students pursuing careers in fire protection in the Northern California Nevada region. Membership is available to anyone.
The mission of NCN-SFPE chapter is to advance the art and science of fire protection engineering and its allied fields, to maintain a high ethical standard among its members, and to foster fire protection engineering education. Since 1954, the NCN-SFPE chapter has provided the means for information exchange and a mechanism for education. NCN-SFPE accomplishes its objectives in various ways as highlighted below:
- Nine monthly luncheon/guest speaker events in the San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose areas.
- Annual Education/training seminars are conducted to serve the Bay Area Fire Protection Community.
- Annual golf outing to help raise money to support the Brady Williamson Annual Scholarship Fund.
- In the past five years, nearly $15,000 has been given out in support of students through the NCN – SFPE sponsored Brady Williamson Scholarship Fund.
- Support for professional engineering through activities such as helping engineers obtain licensure as an FPE, participation in the development of codes and standards, and others.
- Networking opportunities with AHJs, codes and standards developers, product manufacturers, fire protection engineering professors, and insurance industry representatives.